FPSO Cidade de Itaguai Arrives at Iracema Norte Area in Santos Basin
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.(Petrobras) reported Friday that the floating production, storage and offloading unit (FPSO) Cidade de Itaguai is now anchored in the Iracema Norte area of Lula field, in the Pre-Salt layer of Santos Basin, off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The platform-ship is able to produce 150,000 barrels of oil and compress 282.49 million cubic feet (8 million cubic meters) of natural gas per day. Oil production in the field is scheduled to begin in the third quarter of this year.
Moored 149 miles (240 kilometers) off the coast of Rio at a water depth of around 7,349 feet (2,240 meters), FPSO Cidade de Itaguai will be connected to eight production wells and nine injection wells. The natural gas will be exported to shore via a subsea gas pipeline. The unit is also capable of storing 1.6 million barrels of oil and injecting 264,000 barrels of water per day.
Overall, 65 percent of Cidade de Itaguai was produced domestically, and 12 of its modules were built in Brazil: 10 at the EBE shipyard in Itaguai, Rio de Janeiro; and two at the Schahin shipyard in Sao Sebastiao, Sao Paulo. The modules were integrated at the BrasFELS shipyard in Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro.
The platform-ship was acquired from the Schahin/Modec consortium, which was responsible for converting the hull, constructing and integrating the modules, and operating the unit.
The Iracema Norte area of Lula field is located in exploration block BM-S-11, in the pre-salt layer of Santos Basin. BM-S-11 is being developed through a consortium featuring Petrobras (leader and operator, with a 65 percent stake), BG E&P Brasil Ltda (25 percent) and Petrogal Brasil SA (10 percent).
FPSO Cidade de Itaguai – key figures:
- Oil processing: 150,000 barrels per day
- Gas treatment and compression: 282.49 million cubic feet (8 million cubic meters) per day
- Water treatment and injection: 264,000 barrels per day
- Oil storage capacity: 1.6 million barrels
- Water depth: 7,349 feet (2,240 meters)
- Total length: 1,089 feet (332 meters)
- Breadth: 190 feet (58 meters)
- Height: 102 feet (31 meters)
- Weight: 82,000 metric tons
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: Schahin Engenharia S.A. more info
- FPSO Cidade de Itaguai Arrives at Iracema Norte Area in Santos Basin (Jul 06)
- Petrobras Intensifies Sergipe Basin Oil Search (Mar 17)
- TSC Offshore Confident about Deepwater Prospects (Sep 28)