Minister: Indonesia Expects Total to Make Decision on Mahakam within Days
JAKARTA, July 3 (Reuters) – French oil firm Total will decide how much interest it will retain from 2018 in Indonesia's offshore Mahakam oil and gas block over the next two days, the country's energy minister said on Friday.
From Jan. 1, 2018, state energy company Pertamina will take over as operator of Indonesia's top gas producing field from Total. But it is not yet clear how Total and other partner Japan's Inpex, will split the 30 percent stake that Indonesia has proposed they share.
"Inpex has said they are ready to continue no matter what portion (they get)," Energy Minister Sudirman Said told reporters.
(Reporting by Jakarta bureau; Writing by Fergus Jensen; Editing by Tom Hogue)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)