Subsea 7 Secures Emergency Pipeline Repair Contracts Off Australia
Subsea 7 S.A. announced Friday the award of four contracts by Chevron Australia Pty Ltd. (Chevron) and Inpex Operations Australia Pty Ltd. (Inpex – as operator of the Ichthys LNG Project), for the engineering, procurement and construction of an Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) to be used offshore Australia.
This EPRS project consists of developing a process of repair, including both equipment and contingency procedures, to support the Chevron-operated pipelines and Inpex’s Ichthys pipeline off the North and Northwest coasts of Australia. These pipelines are located in various water depths of up to 4,429 feet (1,350 meters) and are up to 44 inch in diameter. The contracts comprise design, fabrication and procurement of repair equipment and development of repair methodologies and procedures that will be available during the life of the Chevron and Inpex operated assets.
Project management, engineering and procurement will commence immediately from Subsea 7’s office in Perth, Australia, with support from Subsea 7’s intervention and autonomous system specialists in Aberdeen. Site integration testing is due to be completed by 2017.
Stephen Steele, vice president, Life of Field, said: “This award reinforces our position at the forefront of intervention and repair technologies and showcases one of Subsea 7’s key capabilities in the area of Life of Field services. We look forward to continuing our relationship with both companies.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Japan's Inpex Sticks To End-March Start-Up Target For Ichthys LNG Project (Mar 09)
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)