Origin Energy Evaluating Drilling Results of Yolla-5 Well in Bass Straits
AWE Limited disclosed Friday that the Operator of the BassGas joint Venture in permit T/L1, Origin Energy, has confirmed that the the Yolla-5 development well in Bass Strait offshore Australia has reached a Total Depth of 11,102 feet (3,384 meters) Measured Depth below Rotary Table (MDRT).
Yolla-5 has successfully intersected the primary reservoir targets located in the Paleocene EVCM sands (“2755”, “2809” and “2973”). Good continuity of reservoir quality and thickness is observed between Yolla-5 and Yolla-6. The well has been logged, evaluation of results is ongoing and preparations are in place to case and complete the well before being commissioned for production and tied-in to the Yolla facility.
The BassGas project consists of the Yolla offshore well head platform connected by pipeline to the gas processing facility at Lang Lang, Victoria. The Yolla platform is located in Bass Strait, approximately 87 miles (140 kilometers) offshore from Kilcunda, Victoria.
The BassGas Joint Venture partners in T/L1 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) - 35.00 percent
- Origin Energy Resources Limited (Operator) - 42.50 percent
- Toyota Tsusho Gas E&P Trefoil Limited - 11.25 percent
- Prize Petroleum International Pte. Ltd - 11.25 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)