PRL 15 JV Selects Key Infrastructure Sites for Elk-Antelope LNG Project
InterOil Corporation announced Thursday that the company and the PRL 15 joint venture participants have unanimously endorsed recommendations from Total S.A. for key project infrastructure sites for development of the Elk-Antelope gas field in Papua New Guinea.
The central processing facility for the Elk-Antelope gas field, on which the project is based, will be near the Purari River in the Gulf Province, about 223 miles (360 kilometers) north-west of Port Moresby, and will be connected to the LNG facility by onshore and offshore gas and condensate pipelines.
Caution Bay near Port Moresby has been selected as the site for Papua New Guinea’s second liquefied natural gas plant.
The project will be known as Papua LNG.
Papua LNG, which will be operated by Total S.A. and includes InterOil and Oil Search, will further refine site locations and pipeline corridors as part of project development.
Selection of the final development concept, including the size and capacity of facilities, is expected in early 2016 when appraisal of the Elk-Antelope field has been completed.
This will be followed by front-end engineering and design with early works scheduled to begin later in 2016.
InterOil Chief Executive Dr. Michael Hession said the venture would now enter basis of design, a significant milestone for the Papua LNG project.
“Sites were chosen for their technical, economic and environmental benefits and followed extensive surveys and studies by Total over the past year,” Dr. Hession said.
“These sites represent the best locations. The central processing facility in the Gulf Province will be near the gas field with river access. The LNG facility near Port Moresby has potential for synergies with existing infrastructure and sufficient land for significant LNG train expansion.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total's Bayport Site to Add PE Unit in Venture with Borealis, Nova (Feb 20)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)