TGS to Buy Seismic Data Library from Polarcus
Norway's TGS announced Monday that it has signed a letter of intent to acquire fellow seismic survey firm Polarcus's multi-client library, with the exception of Australian seismic data, for $27.5 million. Polarcus will continue to have rights to revenue share from the library after TGS has realized a predetermined return on its initial investment, the company added.
The multi-client library in Northwest Europe and West Africa consists of 22 3D seismic surveys comprising a total area of 14,900 square miles and one 2D survey comprising more than 3,000 miles. The data covers prime locations within the established hydrocarbon provinces of six countries along the western Atlantic margin corridor since 2011.
TGS CEO Robert Hobbs commented in a company statement:
"We are pleased to announce a letter of intent to acquire a high-quality multi-client library in key areas of future growth for TGS. This acquisition significantly strengthens our 3D-position in established areas in UK, Norway and West Africa and is very complimentary to our existing database with minimal overlap."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Polarcus Ltd. more info
- Polarcus Secures Data Acquisition Project in Asia Pacific (Nov 11)
- Polarcus Bags Broadband 3D Marine Seismic Contract in Australasia (Sep 23)
- Polarcus to Conduct European 3D Seismic Acquisition (Sep 23)