McDermott Secures Sizeable Services Contract in Gulf of Mexico
McDermott International announced Tuesday that it has secured a sizeable lump sum services contract from LLOG Exploration Offshore, in support of the Otis development located in the Gulf of Mexico.
The contract will include project management and pre-commissioning services, as well as the engineering, fabrication and installation of a 75,000 foot insulated rigid flowline and insulated steel catenary riser. The Otis field, located in Block Mississippi Canyon 79, will be developed as a subsea tieback to the Delta House floating production system. Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in early 2016 by McDermott’s deepwater rigid reel Lay Vessel 105.
Scott Munro, Vice President, Americas, Europe and Africa for McDermott International commented in a company statement:
“This award represents an important step in McDermott’s growth plans for the Gulf of Mexico. This is our first contract award for rigid reel lay in the area since the delivery of the LV 105 deepwater vessel and development of our new Gulfport marine facility and spoolbase. We look forward to working with LLOG over the coming months and delivering this project safely.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: LLOG more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- McDermott Secures Sizeable Services Contract in Gulf of Mexico (Jun 23)
- Ocean Installer Wins Delta House SURF Contract (Nov 21)
- Technip Bags Subsea Gig for Delta House Field (Oct 14)