PetroNeft: Significant Production Growth Expected in 2015
Junior energy firm PetroNeft announced Tuesday, in its annual results statement for 2014, that it expects a significant boost in production this year.
The anticipated production increase follows PetroNeft’s farm-out agreement in license 61, completed in July 2014, to Oil India Limited for a price that could rise up to $85 million. These resources are being used to fund a major well drilling campaign and have resulted in PetroNeft becoming debt-free.
Production from license 61, located in Russia’s Tomsk Oblast region, totalled 728,826 barrels in 2014, although the farm-out agreement is expected to further develop the potential of the region.
PetroNeft Resources CEO Dennis Francis commented in a company statement:
“2014 was a transformative year for the company during which the greatest achievement was the license 61 farm-out to Oil India Limited announced in April 2014 and completed in July 2014. The farm-out gave us a strong industry partner seeking to build a strategic position in Russia as well as the financial resources to develop the significant potential of license 61. We are currently producing from less than 15% of our reserve base and the substantial investment in infrastructure made in recent years leaves us well placed to deliver significant and profitable growth now that we have satisfactorily resolved the funding challenges of recent years. Drilling has recommenced at license 61 and significant production growth is expected in 2015.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India, Iran Plan to Seal Deal to Develop Offshore Farzad B Field by October (Jun 06)
- India Launches Auction for 67 Small Oil, Gas Fields Under a New Bid Scheme (May 26)
- ONGC Plans to Drill 17 Exploration Wells in India's Shale Oil, Gas Blocks (Apr 26)
Company: PetroNeft Resources PLC more info
- PetroNeft Agrees 2016/17 Work Program with Oil India (Mar 21)
- PetroNeft Sees No Sign of Oil Price Improvement, Vows to Grow Production (Sep 29)
- PetroNeft Brings Tungolskoye's T-503 Well in Western Siberia Online (Jul 22)