Neptune Completes Grouting Project at Cakrawala Field Off Malaysia
Australia's Neptune Marine Services Ltd. disclosed Monday that it successfully completed a displacement pile grouting project for Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. in Malaysia. Neptune’s grouting solution provided a bespoke stabilization solution to assist with the installation of the Booster Compression Platform (BCP) jacket, in the offshore Cakrawala field in in the Malaysia-Thailand Joint Development Area (MTJPA).
The Cakrawala field is located in the MTJDA, approximately 93 miles (150 kilometers) north east of Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia. The BCP is being installed as part of a brown field rejuvenation effort to reduce receiving pressure at the Central Processing Platform (CPP), hence lowering wellhead abandonment pressures and increasing gas reserves recovery.
The BCP jacket comprises six jacket legs, pile driven into the seabed. Deploying its state-of-the-art Twin Mixing System to allow continuous pumping, Neptune injected high strength grout into annulus formed between the jacket pile sleeve and the outer surface of the pile.
Pile grouting works commenced on-board the Sapura 3000 early June and were completed ahead of schedule and free from incidents.
Neptune CEO, Robin King, said “the successful and timely completion of this project demonstrates Neptune’s ability to provide full-service subsea protection and stabilization solutions globally.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
Company: Neptune Marine Services more info
- Neptune Marine Services Bags Quadrant's Contract for Work Off Australia (Sep 27)
- Neptune Marine Services Wins Contract from PTTEP Australasia (Jul 28)
- Neptune Bags Kitan Disconnection Project Contract from Technip (Feb 11)