TGS Cooperates With Dolphin for Monuments 3D Survey Offshore Australia
TGS announced Monday that it will provide data processing services in the 965 square mile Monuments 3D survey, which is being acquired by Dolphin Geophysical in the North Carnarvon Basin, offshore Australia.
Data processing will be performed using TGS’ Clari-Fi broadband technology. As part of the cooperation, TGS has entered into joint venture arrangements with Dolphin relating to future sales from Dolphin’s planned 5,791 square mile North Carnarvon 3D multi-client survey over the North West Shelf. This multi-client project will be supported by Shell and Statoil, according to Dolphin.
Commenting on the Monuments survey cooperation, Stein Ove Isaksen, Senior VP Eastern Hemisphere for TGS, said in a company statement:
"This survey extends TGS' current 3D data coverage in an important hydrocarbon-rich region and positions TGS well in relation to future expected exploration activity from our clients.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Dolphin Geophysical AS more info
- Polarcus Wins 3D Seismic Survey Deal (Dec 15)
- Seismic Surveyor Dolphin Files for Bankruptcy due to Oil Price Crash (Dec 14)
- Dolphin Accepts LOA to Undertake 3D Seismic Projects Offshore India (Nov 09)