Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders
Oilfield services firm Petrofac announced Friday that it has secured contract renewals for operations and maintenance work on the UK Continental Shelf valued at approximately $400 million.
The largest of these awards is for the provision of operations and maintenance teams over three years for CNR International across its North Sea assets: the three platforms in the Ninian complex; Murchison; and Tiffany.
In the eastern Irish Sea, Petrofac has secured a two-year contract renewal from Italy's Eni. This will cover operations and maintenance services for the Douglas fixed platforms, Offshore Storage Installation and Point of Ayr terminal, as well as duty holder responsibility for the Irish Sea Pioneer operations support vessel.
Walter Thain, managing director of Petrofac Offshore Projects & Operations, commented in a company statement:
"This package is great news for the business and for everyone involved.
"In the current climate, more than ever, it is vital that operators can have confidence in the supply chain to continue to generate value for them. This large-scale renewal – of contracts that we have held in some cases for more than a decade – is testament to our record of sustained operations delivery on behalf of our customers right across the UKCS."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
Company: CNR International more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders (Jun 19)
- Total Discovers Oil Offshore Ivory Coast (Apr 17)
- Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks (Nov 06)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)