UK Oil, Gas Sector Must Be 'Sustainable' at $60 per Barrel
In a clear reference to the ongoing dispute between offshore contractors and the Unite and GMB unions, Michie said:
"We must work together to secure the future of this industry – for this country. There is a role for everyone – client, customer, employer and employee. For unions, for governments, for regulators and for trade associations. This is not a time for conflict or entrenched positions."
Michie's speech comes less than a week after a survey by the Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce showed that oil and gas operators and contractors are much less confident about their activities on the UK Continental Shelf than they were a year ago. The AGCC's 22nd Oil and Gas Survey found that two-thirds of North Sea operators have been forced to cancel projects due to the fall in the price of oil.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ITEM Club: More Jobs Losses Expected in NE Scotland due to Oil Slump
- Shell Q&A: What Makes an Ideal Employer in Oil, Gas?
- Shell Takes First Place in Rigzone's Inaugural Ideal Employer Survey
- UK Government 'Must Recommit' to Oil, Gas Sector in Autumn Statement
- UK Government Gives Go-Ahead for Fracking in NW England