Imperial Oil's Kearl Oil Sands Expansion Project Begins Production
June 16 (Reuters) – Imperial Oil Ltd said it has begun production at its Kearl oil sands expansion project in Alberta, Canada ahead of schedule.
Production is expected to reach 110,000 barrels per day, bringing total production to 220,000 barrels per day, the company, which is majority-owned by Exxon Mobil Corp, said.
Imperial Oil had said in February that it expected the project to start up in the third quarter of 2015, roughly three months ahead of its previous forecast.
(Reporting by Anannya Pramanick in Bengaluru; Editing by Simon Jennings)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- BP Buys 61 Percent Stake In Azerbaijan's Gobustan Onshore Project
- Prices For November Soften After Earlier Strong Weeks
- China's Sinopec Plans To Build Canadian Oil Refinery
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three