Mosman Oil and Gas Fails in Bid to Acquire MEO Australia
MEO Australia Limited reported Monday that it noted that the offer by Mosman Oil and Gas (Mosman) to acquire all of the fully paid ordinary shares in MEO expired June 12. Mosman’s offer, which was not recommended by the MEO Board, has been unsuccessful. As of June 5, Mosman had received acceptances for only 2.047 percent of MEO shares. If there is any material change in the final acceptances, MEO will advise the market.
The MEO Directors appreciate the support of the vast majority of MEO shareholders who rejected the Mosman offer.
MEO will continue to focus on progressing its projects, business development opportunities and corporate initiatives with a view to realizing the considerable upside that exists in the MEO portfolio.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)
Company: Mosman Oil and Gas Ltd. more info
- Mosman Provides Update on its Australia, New Zealand Ops (Mar 30)
- Australian Amadeus Basin Project could Hold Trillions of Cubic Feet of Gas (Mar 14)
- Mosman Terminates Plan to Acquire South Taranaki Energy Project in NZ (Feb 02)