Alam Maritim Lands $13M Subcontract for PETRONAS' PFLNG 1 Facility
Alam Maritim Resources Berhad reported Friday that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Alam Maritim (M) Sdn Bhd, recently entered into a subcontract with Petronas Floating LNG 1 (L) Ltd. (PFLL), an arm of Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
Under the $13 million (MYR 49 million) subcontract with PFLL, Alam Maritim will undertake engineering, procurement, installation and related activities for the floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) Offshore Works – Mooring System Installation (Package No. 1) from May 20 to Sept. 15, the firm said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Work on the Petronas Floating Liquefied Natural Gas 1 (PFLNG1) facility, currently under construction in Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) shipyard in Okpo, South Korea, is scheduled to be completed in the fourth quarter of this year. When ready, PETRONAS said PFLNG1 will be deployed to the Kanowit gas field, 111 miles offshore Sarawak, Malaysia, where it will produced 1.2 million tons of LNG per year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Alam Maritim Resources Bhd. more info
- Alam Maritim Bags $6.8M PETRONAS' Subcontract for PFLNG1 Facility (Jun 02)
- Alam Maritim Lands $13M Contract to Provide Workboat to PETRONAS Carigali (Mar 15)
- Alam Maritim Bags EPCIC Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for TCOT Project (Dec 02)