Inpex Says No Talks Held on Pertamina's Interest in Masela Block
Japan's oil and has exploration and production company Inpex Corp. did not hold any discussion with Indonesian national oil company PT Pertamina regarding the latter's reported interest in acquiring a stake in the Masela block, where the field operator is working to develop the Abadi liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in the Arafura Sea, Indonesia, a company executive says.
"Inpex is aware of media reports that Pertamina is interested in participating in the Masela block ... (however) Inpex is not in discussion with Pertamina about its participation in the block," the Inpex executive told Rigzone.
News on Pertamina's interest in the Masela block surfaced following comments made by a senior official of Indonesia's Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR) Wednesday.
"Informally, Pertamina said they were interested in owning a stake in the Masela block, because this is a new block and it has big potential," MEMR Upstream Oil and Gas Director Djoko Siswanto said, as quoted in a Reuters report Wednesday.
Inpex currently has a 65 percent operating interest in the Masela block, while Royal Dutch Shell plc holds the remaining 35 percent. Earlier in June 2014, the two companies acquired the 10 percent share belonging to Indonesia's upstream oil and gas company PT EMP Energi Indonesia (EMPI) after the latter agreed to divest its stake in the block.
The company provided an update on development work for the Abadi LNG project in a presentation of its financial results May 15.
"We are currently studying how to optimize the development plan, with a large scale floating LNG (FLNG) project considered to be a strong candidate based on internal evaluation of the deliverables obtained from the front end engineering and design (FEED) work as well as based on the results of the appraisal wells drilled," Inpex's President & CEO Toshiaki Kitamura said during the presentation.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: PT Pertamina more info
- Pertamina's Upstream Arm Produces 15% More Oil, Gas Than Planned (Sep 19)
- Andalas Joins Pertamina in Commercializing Marginal Gas Fields in Indonesia (Sep 02)
- Indonesia Encourages More Exploration, Development Activities in its Waters (Aug 31)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell to Deploy Pioneering Electrolysis Tech at German Refinery (Jan 18)
- Shell Ventures Back Into Solar (Jan 15)
- Shell Braces for Change by Expanding Its Foothold in Electricity (Jan 12)