Trapoil Begins Operations at Niobe Exploration Prospect in UK North Sea
Junior energy company Trapoil announced Monday that operations have commenced on the Niobe exploration prospect in License P.1889, located in the UK North Sea.
A well will be drilled at the site using the ENSCO 100 (350’ ILC), which left Dundee shipyard on June 4, 2015 and is currently under tight tow to the Niobe prospect location. Well operations are expected to last approximately 31 days.
The partners in Licence P.1889 are Suncor Energy. UK Limited is the operator of License P.1889 with a 49.5 percent interest. Norwegian Energy Company UK Limited holds a 22.5 percent interest and Trap Oil holds a 28 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)