Petrofac Secures Contract to Support ONE in Southern North Sea
Oilfield services provider Petrofac has secured a contract to support Oranje-Nassau Energie (ONE) UK Limited, following the Oranje-Nassau Energie B.V. subsidiary’s announcement that it has become the operator of the Sean gas field in Southern North Sea.
The contract, which will create around 40 on and offshore jobs according to Petrofac, is worth $45 million over three years and will see the company provide operations and maintenance services, as well as a range of ancillary functions.
Petrofac Offshore Projects and Operations Managing Director Walter Thain commented in a company statement:
"ONE is entering the UK market for the first time as an offshore operator and we’re delighted to be assisting them in this process through our Duty Holder Support Services model. This award reflects our long track record, not just of successful operations in the Southern North Sea, but of supporting independent oil companies to make the transition to operator in the UKCS environment. ONE has significant ambitions as an operating company and we look forward to facilitating and supporting their future plans."
Petrofac has been active in the Southern North Sea since 2007 and its current oil and gas customers in the region include Alpha Petroleum, Centrica Energy Upstream, Centrica Storage Ltd, Tullow Oil and Faroe Petroleum.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: Centrica Energy more info
- Centrica To Produce 30 Bcf Of Gas From Rough Site By 1Q 2018 (Aug 01)
- Oil Explorers Embrace the Sharing Economy to Drill Cheaper Wells (Jun 22)
- Centrica Agrees to Award NCS Services Contracts to Aibel, Subsea 7 (Oct 30)