Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA
Norwest Energy NL reported Wednesday that it has formed a strategic alliance with Rey Resources Limited (Rey) to investigate opportunities to further develop the interests held by Norwest in the northern Perth Basin, Western Australia.
The formation of the alliance follows discussions between Norwest and Rey about potential farm-out opportunities around Norwest’s Perth Basin interests, including the previously announced TP/15 farm-out process.
In support of the strategic alliance, Norwest and Rey have entered into a Subscription Agreement whereby Rey has subscribed for $195,075 (AUD 250,000) of Norwest shares at a price of $0.0037 (AUD 0.004712) per share, which will result in 53,056,027 shares being issued to Rey.
CEO Peter Munachen said “Norwest welcomes Rey Resources as both a strategic partner and cornerstone investor as we work together to investigate opportunities that will add value for the shareholders of both companies.”
“The alliance with Rey further highlights the potential value of Norwest’s Perth Basin assets, and with the financial backing provided by Rey, we hope to work towards a mutually beneficial transaction that will see significant value derived from one or more of our Perth Basin assets.”
“This is an exciting time for Norwest and Rey as both companies work together to benefit from the increasing investor interest in the Perth Basin during 2015 and beyond following the recent exploration success achieved in the basin.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)
Company: Rey Resources Ltd. more info
- Oil Basins Quits as Derby Block Operator, 2 Directors Lose Executive Roles (May 31)
- WA Court Orders OBL to Resign as EP487 Operator in Canning Basin (May 27)
- WA DMP Approves Pilot Energy's Acquisition of Stake in EP437 Permit (Apr 20)