Civmec Bags Subcontracts for Gorgon, Persephone Projects Off Australia
Civmec Limited, an Henderson-headquarted integrated construction and engineering services provider in Western Australia, reported Tuesday that the company has clinched contracts for the Gorgon and Persephone projects offshore Australia.
The company secured several contracts -- which apart from the two oil and gas projects included those for the mining sector -- worth approximately $53 million (AUD 68 million) recently.
The first contract from GE Oil & Gas requires Civmec to undertake the fabrication and testing of the Chevron-operated Gorgon project’s new 34 inch Subsea Pig Launcher/Receiver (SSPLR) in two stages. Stage 1 works, targeted for completion in November, will commence immediately and will involve the fabrication of a 34 inch barrel for a Subsea Pig Receiver from supplied materials, with the complete structure weighing 104 tons. Meanwhile, fabrication of a 6 inch kicker header, testing of the SSPLR and retro fitting will be carried out at a later date as part of Stage 2 works.
As for the second contract from FMC Technologies, Civmec will commence work immediately for the fabrication, surface treatment and testing of a production manifold. The manifold is designed for installation at the Woodside-operated Persephone Project, located on Australia’s North West Shelf and is scheduled for completion by March 2016.
“We are delighted to announce these new awards with existing clients and feel this highlights a satisfaction in the market for our service offering and demonstrates the breadth and depth of our capabilities, along with our commitment to providing our clients with the highest levels of service,” Patrick Tallon, CEO of Civmec, said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- GE's 12,000 Job Cuts Highlight Uneasy Shift to Renewable Energy (Dec 08)
- Baker Hughes Clinches Integrated Services Contract For PNG Gas Field (Aug 08)
- GE Sinks as Oil Outlook Sputters, Marring End of Immelt's Tenure (Jul 21)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Civmec Ltd. more info
- Civmec to Expand Business by Forging Partnerships, Tech Collaborations (Jan 28)
- Australia's Civmec Secures Contract from Technip for Prelude FLNG Project (Nov 12)
- Civmec Clinches Contracts for Ichthys, Gorgon Projects in Australia (Oct 06)