Hibiscus Aborts Plan to Buy Talisman's Stake in JPDA 06-105 Off Timor-Leste
Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum Berhad terminated the planned acquisition of 100 percent of the shares of Talisman Resources (JPDA Pty Ltd.) from Talisman Oil & Gas (Australia) Pty Ltd. for a purchase price of $18 million, the company said in a filing with local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia Monday.
"Hibiscus Petroleum wishes to announce that the Conditions Precedent have not been fully satisfied or waived by the Cut Off Date (May 31) in accordance with the terms of the SSA (under the Share Sale Agreement)," Hibiscus said in the announcement.
As a result, the company's subsidiary Timor Hibiscus has written to notify the Seller that the outstanding Condition Precedent has become incapable of being satisfied and gave two business days' notice of its intent to terminate the SSA.
The JPDA 01-105 permit includes the Kitan oil field in Bonaparte Basin within the Australia-Timor Leste Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA) approximately 341 miles north east of Darwin, Australia. In June 2014, Hibiscus agreed to acquire Talisman Resources, which has a 25 percent stake in the Kitan oil field.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd more info
- Polo Resources to Acquire 8.4% Stake in Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum (Dec 03)
- Vic/P57 JV Confirms Sea Lion-1 Prospect Offshore Australia as a Dry Well (Nov 11)
- Hibiscus Petroleum Plans to Acquire Hydra Energy to Grow Oil Resource Base (Nov 11)