Total CEO: Funds for Yamal LNG to be Unblocked by End-2015
PARIS, May 29 (Reuters) – Total's chief executive said on Friday he expected funding for the $27 billion Yamal LNG project it is developing in Russia with Novatek to be made available by lenders before the end of the year.
"It's progressing well. We think we'll get the funds before the end of the year," Patrick Pouyanne told reporters on the sidelines of the French oil major's annual general meeting.
The liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in the Yamal peninsula in Siberia was barred from raising funds in U.S. dollars after the United States imposed sanctions on Russia. Total, Novatek and China's CNPC are now seeking funds in euro, yuan and rouble.
(Reporting by Michel Rose; Editing by Andrew Callus)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Novatek more info
- Report: US May Get First LNG Import From Russia Despite Sanctions (Jan 09)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)