HHI Delivers Ocean BlackLion Drillship to Diamond Offshore
South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. (HHI) reported Monday that the shipyard recently delivered the Ocean BlackLion (UDW drillship) to Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
The Ocean BlackLion drillship, ordered by Diamond Offshore in May 2012 at a cost of approximately $655 million, marked the 2,000th ship that HHI has completed.
“Today, we wrote a new chapter in the global shipbuilding history by delivering the 2,000th ship. As we have been over the past four decades, we will continue to stand firm as the global leader in the shipbuilding industry with tireless innovation and shipbuilding method improvement for the coming decades,” Choi Kil-seon, chairman & CEO of HHI commented in a press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)