Falcon O&G and Partners Prepare for Drilling Program in NT's Beetaloo Basin
Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. indicated Wednesday that the joint venture for Exploration Permits 98, 76 and 117 in the Beetaloo Basin in Northern Territory, Australia is making preparations to drill three wells soon, the company said in its release of full year 2014 results.
Work to prepare for the 2015 Australian three well drilling program in the Beetaloo Basin with partners Origin Energy Ltd. and Sasol Ltd. are at an advanced stage and drilling operations are expected to commence in the middle of this year.
Falcon Oil & Gas said the principal objectives of the 2015 drilling program will enable the joint venture to carry out formation evaluation and reservoir characterization from these initial three wells through petrophysical interpretation, core analysis, geomechanical studies and stimulation design.
Tendering and contracting for the rig and key well services, and recruiting additional project resources are ongoing.
“Operationally it has been a busy twelve months for Falcon, following the execution of our transformational farmout with Origin and Sasol of our Beetaloo permits in Australia, as we work with our partners to progress preparations for our 2015 three well drilling campaign in this highly attractive basin," Philip O’Quigley, CEO of Falcon Oil & Gas said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Shifts Strategy, Evaluates Chemical Business Split (Nov 29)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)