Kongsberg Maritime Lands Yinson Genesis FPSO Contract
Norway's Kongsberg Maritime reported Wednesday that it has been selected to supply a complete Electrical, Instrument and Telecom solution, including E-house, for the new Yinson Production (West Africa) Pte Ltd. floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel, "Yinson Genesis". The contract is valued at approximately $26.6 million (NOK 200 million) and the FPSO, to be deployed offshore Ghana, is expected to be operational by 2017.
The FPSO contract was awarded by Eni Ghana Exploration and Production Limited to a consortium consisting of Yinson Production (West Africa) Pte Ltd. and Yinson Production West Africa Limited.
The Kongsberg scope of supply for the FPSO includes complete integration engineering, electrical systems, E-house and telecom & surveillance equipment. Kongsberg will also supply marine automation, process control, and a fire and gas detection system to the vessel.
“The package for Yinson Genesis reflects our successes in acting as a key engineering and technology partner for FPSO customers,” comments Geir Haoy, president Kongsberg Maritime.
“We have developed a strong FPSO market offering that positions Kongsberg Maritime as a single source supplier with high quality turnkey engineering and electrical services in addition to the most extensive marine technology portfolio available for offshore vessels and production units."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)
Company: Yinson Holdings Berhad more info
- Keppel Bags $88.4M Contracts, Including Two Conversion Projects (Dec 31)
- Addax Extends Yinson's FPSO Charter Contract for $129M (Oct 20)
- Yinson Seals Tanker Deal With Premuda, Vessel Meant for Future FPSO Project (Sep 30)