Technip, COOEC Bag FEED Contract for Liuhua Project in South China Sea
France's Technip and its joint venture partner China Offshore Oil Engineering Company (COOEC) have been awarded a front end engineering design (FEED) contract by China National Offshore Oil Corporation Limited (CNOOC Ltd.) for two tension leg platforms (TLPs) for the Liuhua 11-1 and 16-2 joint development project in the South China Sea, the company said Thursday.
Technip, as a key technical partner to COOEC, will carry out the FEED work of China’s first two TLPs and its operating center in Houston, Texas will carry out the FEED contract.
The workscope under the deal covers design and engineering of the topsides (including two drilling rigs), hulls, mooring and riser systems, with the project scheduled for completion by the end of 2015.
“We are very proud to have earned the confidence of our client CNOOC Ltd. and partner COOEC. We are looking forward to developing a strong long-lasting collaboration with both of them on this exciting key project,” Deanna Goodwin, president of Technip in North America, said in the press release.
Technip and COOEC signed a five-year joint venture agreement in September 2013 to target deepwater engineering, procurement, construction and isntallation (EPCI) Subsea Umbilicals Risers ad Flowlines (SURF) projects at a water depth greater than 1,640 feet in China.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: COOEC more info
- Fluor, COOEC Establish New Fabrication Joint Venture in China (Aug 21)
- Technip, COOEC Bag FEED Contract for Liuhua Project in South China Sea (Apr 16)
- InterMoor Completes Mooring Work for COOEC at China's Panyu, Enping Fields (Oct 23)