Kongsberg Clinches $10M Contract from Saipem for Ichthys LNG Project Off WA
Norway's Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies (Kongsberg) reported Tuesday that it has been awarded a contract, worth $10 million (NOK 80 million), by Saipem for delivery of subsea structures for the gas export pipeline project of the Inpex-operated Ichthys LNG Project in permit WA-285-P offshore Western Australia.
The Ichthys Field is located about 137 miles (220 kilometers) offshore Western Australia and 509 miles (820 kilometers) southwest of Darwin. The subsea pipeline is 548 miles (882 kilometers) long and continues 4 miles (7 kilometers) onshore to the liquefaction facilities being constructed at Bladin Point near Darwin.
The scope of work involves Adjustable Pipe Support structures (APS) to the pipeline. The APS’s will support the pipeline and bring it to the required height and orientation at the end termination. Kongsberg will do Engineering, Procurement and Construction and delivery while Saipem will do the installation. The construction is being undertaken in Henderson, Western Australia.
The design has commenced in January and the APS will be tested and ready for installation by the end of July.
“We are delighted to win this contract”, Pal Helsing, president of Kongsberg Oil & Gas, says. “We are really looking forward to work with Saipem on this project. The contract is important for us in the Australian market and it shows that our solutions fit very well into the conditions and challenges offshore Australia”, Helsing said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
Company: Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies AS more info
- Kongsberg Clinches $10M Contract from Saipem for Ichthys LNG Project Off WA (Apr 15)
- Kongsberg Signs $2.2M Drilling Software Contract with Petronas Carigali (Oct 20)