MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project
Japan's MODEC Inc. announced Tuesday that Mitsui & Co., Ltd., Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL) and Marubeni Corp. have signed agreements to invest in its long-term charter business to provide a floating production, storage, and offloading system (FPSO) for use in the Tartaruga Verde and Tartaruga Mestica oil fields off the coast of Brazil.
Under the agreements, Mitsui, MOL and Marubeni will invest in Tartaruga MV29 B.V. (MV29), a Dutch firm established by MODEC, to proceed with the project jointly.
MV29 has entered into a 20-year charter agreement Feb. 27 to deploy the facility, which will be named FPSO Cidade de Campos dos Goytacazes MV29, for Brazil's national oil company Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras).
The FPSO, which commences operations in the fourth quarter of 2017, will be deployed in water depths of 2,510 feet (765 meters) at the Tartaruga Verde and Tartaruga Mestica Fields in the C-M-401 concession block, approximately 77.6 miles (125 kilometers) from Macae, off Rio de Janeiro in the southeast coast of Brazil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Marubeni Corp more info
- JOGMEC, Inpex, Marubeni Ink Exploration Deal with Rosneft (Dec 15)
- Indonesia's Small-Scale LNG Plans Face Several Challenges (Apr 15)
- MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project (Apr 14)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)