Gazprom, PetroVietnam to Work on Pechora Sea Shelf's Upstream Projects
Gazprom Neft reported Monday that it has signed several agreements with Vietnam Oil abd Gas Group (PetroVietnam), including a memorandum on joint oil and gas exploration, production and development projects on the Pechora Sea shelf in Russia.
The upstream agreement, covering Pechora Sea shelf projects with a focus on the Dolginskoye field and the Severo-Zapadnyi (North West) licensed block, was signed in Hanoi, Vietnam by Chairman of Gazprom Alexander Dyukov and his PetroVietnam counterpart Nguyen Xuan Son.
"The two parties have agreed to create a dedicated working group of experts from both companies. By the end of October, the parties will form a list of priority oil and gas fields and agree the basic terms of the partnership before further agreements are signed," Gazprom said in a press release.
Gazprom and PetroVietnam will then execute the Pechora Sea shelf oil and gas projects through joint ventures and stakes in these partnerships will be decided through negotiations.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: JSC Gazprom Neft more info
- Gazprom 2015 Profit Jumps as Kremlin Demands Higher Dividend (Apr 28)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft to Delay Novoportovskoye Oilfield Launch (Apr 19)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft, China's CNPC Agree to Cooperate in Oil Sector (Dec 17)