Aminex Expects Kiliwani North Development to Flow Gas Late in 1H 2015
Aminex plc, the operator of the Kiliwani North Development in Tanzania, has been informed by the Tanzanian Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) that the regional pipeline connecting Dar es Salaam to Mnazi Bay has been completed and that hydrostatic pressure testing will begin shortly, project partner Solo Oil plc said Wednesday.
TPDC reported that construction of the processing plant on Songo Songo Island is approximately 95 percent complete and commercial production of gas from Kiliwani North is likely to commence late in the first half of 2015, with stabilized production rates achieved during the third quarter of 2015.
"The project remains on track for first commercial sales in the mid-year and once the gas sales agreement comes into force we will consider our option to double our interest in the project from 6.5 percent to 13 percent," Neil Ritson, Solo's chairman said in a press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Solo Oil PLC more info
- Solo Oil: Ntorya-2 Rig Mobilization Underway, Spud Expected December (Oct 18)
- Solo Oil Opts Out of Immediate Option to Extend KNDL Equity (Sep 07)
- Horse Hill License Extensions Secured (Jul 05)