Maersk Oil Commences Production from New Platform in Danish North Sea
Maersk Oil commenced production from a new unmanned platform Tyra Southeast-B in the Danish North Sea, with the platform expected to add 50 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe) of reserves over the next 30 years to Danish production.
“The Tyra Southeast extension is a great example of how we extract value from the Danish North Sea by combining intricate knowledge, long-term investments and the right technical capabilities. Over the next three decades, the new platform will add both oil and gas to our production. This is an important step in Maersk Oil’s growth journey and it demonstrates that Denmark continues to be a core area for us,” said Maersk Oil CEO Jakob Thomasen.
Drilling of the first well, which is projected to flow 2,600 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd), commenced in December 2014 with the jackup Ensco 72 (225' ILC). Maersk Oil plans to drill a total of 8-12 horizontal wells between 2015 and 2017.
“We are excited to see first production which will contribute positively to Maersk Oil’s total volumes ... In total, the Danish Underground Consortium (DCC) has invested $646.6 million (DKK 4.5 billion) and it is exactly such investments that are needed to secure the future Danish oil and gas production,” said Martin Rune Pedersen, managing director of Maersk Oil Danish Business Unit, the operator of the DUC.
The new platform, located 137 miles off Denmark’s west coast, will produce around 20 million barrels of oil and 170 billion standard cubic feet of gas, with peak production of 20,000 boepd in 2017.
Partners in the DUC are A.P. Moller - Maersk (31.2 percent), Shell (36.8 percent), Nordsofonden (20 percent) and Chevron (12.0 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
Company: Nordsofonden more info
- Maersk Oil Threatens to Shut Down Tyra Field in 2018 (Apr 04)
- Maersk Oil Commences Production from New Platform in Danish North Sea (Mar 31)
- Wintershall Confirms Oil at Ravn-3 in Danish North Sea (Dec 17)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Truce Reached over Canadian Shell Pipeline (Jan 10)
- Louisiana Petchems Unit Starts Up (Jan 07)
- Shell Extends Jackup Contract in Trinidad (Jan 02)