Peru's State Oil Company Says Scraps Plan For 2015 Share Offer
LIMA, March 30 (Reuters) - Peru's state-owned energy company Petroperu will not go through with a previously announced plan to sell shares on the local stock market this year, the firm's president German Velasquez told reporters on Monday.
In November the company announced its plan to offer up to a 49 percent stake to private investors during the second quarter of 2015.
Asked during a news conference if the plan would go through this year, Velasquez responded: "No, this year no."
He said the share offering will be considered when the company is "sufficiently attractive."
Peru passed a law in late 2013 allowing for the privatization of all but a controlling stake in Petroperu, as part of a bid to modernize the 40-year-old company.
On Thursday, Petroperu pulled out of plans to acquire a 25 percent stake in two oil blocks that it had planned to develop with conglomerate Grana y Montero, a reversal of the state-run company's plan to take part in oil production for the first time in more than 20 years.
(Reporting by Teresa Cespedes; Editing by Diane Craft)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Company: Explosion At Petroperu Crude Oil Tank Kills Two Workers (Dec 06)
- Peru Crude Oil Pipeline Resumes Operation After Year Of Spills (Sep 26)
- Peru To Issue Up To $3B In Bonds To Finance State-Run Oil Firm (Apr 18)