Atwood Falcon to Complete Drilling Munia Prospect in Perth Basin in April
Murphy Oil Corp. planned to complete work on the Munia exploration well as part of its Perth Basin drilling program in Block WA-481-P offshore Western Australia next month after failling to find hydrocarbons at two other prospects in the permit, the company said Monday.
"This (Munia) well will be finished in April. Depending on the outcome, the cost attributed to this well in the first quarter of 2015 is expected to be approximately $9 million," Murphy added.
Two exploration wells -- Koel and Cisticola -- that were drilled earlier by the Atwood Falcon (DW semisub) have been plugged and abandoned.
Murphy has indicated it will take a dry hole expense of around $23 million in the first quarter of 2015 for these two wells.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)