Shell, Statoil, Petronas Gain Exploration Blocks in Indonesia Bid Round
Royal Dutch Shell plc, Norway's Statoil ASA, Malaysia's Petronas Carigali and Indonesia's state-owned oil company PT Pertamina were successful in the latest bidding round for 11 conventional and unconventional oil and gas exploration blocks in Indonesia, the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources said in a press release Wednesday.
The onshore and offshore concessions were offered by the government as part of the country's move to boost exploration and production activities in Indonesia and reverse the trend of declining oil and natural gas production in recent years.
According to the government, the successful bidders for oil and gas exploration blocks available under the Direct Offer round are:
- Kualakurun (Onshore Central Kalimantan): PT Petcon Resources-Petronas Carigali International BV
- Garung (Onshore Central Kalimantan): PT Mentari Abdi Pertiwi
- Pulau Moa Selatan (Offshore Maluku): Shell Exploration Company B.V.
- Southeast Papua (Onshore Papua): PT Gema Terra-Transform Exploration Pte Ltd.
- Abar (Offshore North West Java): PT Pertamima (Persero)
- Anggursi (Offshore North West Java): PT Pertamina (Persero)
The firms have three years to complete exploration in the blocks, covering geological and geophysical (G&G) work, 2D seismic survey and the drilling of two exploration wells. Total exploration commitment for these blocks amounts to $36.325 million and the government will collect $6 million in signature bonus.
Indonesia also awarded two exploration blocks through a regular tender. Petronas Carigali International E&P BV won the first block at North Madura II located in offshore East Java, while the second -- Aru Trough I in offshore Aru in eastern Indonesia -- was awarded to Statoil ASA.
Exploration commitments -- covering G&G work, 2D seismic survey and drilling of 3 exploration wells -- for the two offshore blocks from Petronas Carigali and Statoil totaled $70.9 million. Indonesia will receive $3 million in signature bonus.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Pertamina more info
- Pertamina Signs JV Deal With Russia's Rosneft For New Tuban Refinery (Nov 28)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Spend $700MM On Mahakam Oil, Gas Block Next Year (Nov 02)
- Pertamina: Indonesia To Become LNG Importer In 2020 As Population Grows (Oct 25)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell to Deploy Pioneering Electrolysis Tech at German Refinery (Jan 18)
- Shell Ventures Back Into Solar (Jan 15)
- Shell Braces for Change by Expanding Its Foothold in Electricity (Jan 12)