Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship
Norway's Fred. Olsen Energy ASA announced Friday that Dolphin Drilling Ltd., a subsidiary of the company, has received a termination for convenience notice from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for the contract for the drilling unit Belford Dolphin (DW drillship).
The termination will be effective in early September. The termination fee is approximately $52 million.
The unit will undertake its five-year Class Renewal Survey (CRS) in second/third quarter 2015. The five-year CRS and upgrades is estimated to take approximately 100 days and cost $130 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)