Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea
TOKYO, March 13 (Reuters) - JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration Corp said on Friday it had discovered new oil in the UK Central North Sea.
"The 22/16-6 (P1799 License) well on the Dalziel structure flowed at rates in excess of 8,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day," the company said in a statement. "The well is now being side-tracked to appraise the extent of this discovery."
GDF SUEZ E&P UK Ltd is the operator with a 30 percent stake. Others are JX and RWE Dea UK SNS Ltd, both 25 percent, and Total E&P UK Ltd with a 20 percent stake.
(Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)