Real Energy Confirms Queenscliff-1 Well in Cooper Basin as a Gas Discovery
Cooper Basin focused oil & gas exploration company, Real Energy Corporation Limited (Real Energy), reported Wednesday that completion and testing operations are progressing well on its two maiden Cooper Basin wells, Tamarama-1 and Queenscliff-1 in Queensland, Australia.
Real Energy can confirm that gas has flowed to surface at Queenscliff-1 and the company plans to complete and test several zones in each well, covering both the Patchawarra and Toolachee formations.
Queenscliff-1 has been perforated and flow tested over the Toolachee and Patchawarra formations interval, while at Tamarama-1 the pressure build-up survey of the upper Patchawarra Formation section has been completed and the Toolachee Formation will be perforated and tested in the next few weeks.
Further information on the completion and testing program in ATP927P is included below:
- The well was completed and perforated over the lower Toolachee Formation and upper Patchawarra Formation sections
- The lower Toolachee Formation interval from 10,001.3 feet (3,048.4 meters) to 10,203.7 feet (3,110.1 meters) (87.5 foot or 26.7 meter net perforated intervals) was perforated and flow tested
- On the clean-up flow, the well flowed at an initial rate of approximately 0.2 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) through a 16/64 inch choke, with flowing pressure of approximately 131 psi
- The well is currently shut-in for a pressure build-up test in order to obtain reservoir pressure data and other relevant reservoir properties
- Gas samples were obtained from this section for laboratory analysis and initial preliminary field tests indicate 14 percent carbon dioxide, which is in line with expectations, There was no formation water detected
- The pressure build-up survey has been completed and the upper Patchawarra Formation section has been isolated
- The Toolachee Formation section will be perforated and low tested within the next two weeks
- Laboratory analysis results of the gas samples from the upper Patchawarra Formation indicate the gas contains approximately 12 percent carbon dioxide, which is comparable to the gas in offset Solitaire-2 well
Commenting on the initial testing results at Queenscliff-1 and Tamarama-1, Real Energy’s Managing Director, Scott Brown said: “This is an important discovery for both Real Energy and the development of gas on the Queensland side of the Cooper Basin.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Real Energy Prepares for Tamarama-1 Well Test Program in Queensland (Sep 27)
- Real Energy Ends Re-Completion Ops at Tamarama-1 Well in Queensland (Aug 08)
- Real Energy Recommences Field Ops at Tamarama-1 Well in Queensland (Jul 07)