Pelikan Field Starts Production Offshore Indonesia
UK independent energy firm Premier Oil reported Tuesday the start-up of gas production from the Pelikan field in the Natuna Sea Block A offshore Indonesia.
Premier said that production from Pelikan began Monday – adding to production from the Naga field (also on Natuna Sea Block A), which started in November.
Pelikan and Naga is delivering additional reserves into Singapore and the domestic Indonesian market under Premier's long-term gas contracts. The firm said that production of up to 200 billion British thermal units per day will allow it to increase operational flexibility and to respond to increase Singaporean or domestic gas demand.
Premier operates Natuna Sea Block A, with a 28.67-percent stake, on behalf of partners that include KUFPEC, PTT and Petronas.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 7 Offshore Rigs
- You Don't Need Asia To Get $12 For Your Liquefied Natural Gas (Feb 27)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Malaysia's Petronas Offers New Bergading Condensate For March (Jan 25)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
Company: PTT Public Co., Ltd. more info
- Thai Energy Giant PTT FY Profit Up 43% At $4.3B, Beats (Feb 20)
- Thai PTTGC And Japanese Partners In $900MM Chemical Venture (Aug 25)
- Sources: BP Sells US Crude Oil to Thailand, Australia for First Time (Oct 26)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)