Lamprell Delivers New Jackup for Indian Drilling
United Arab Emirates-based ship and rig builder Lamprell announced Thursday that it has completed the construction of the Greatdrill Chaaru (350' ILC) jack-up drilling rig and delivered it to Greatship Global Energy Services within budget and ahead of schedule.
Greatdrill Chaaru has been designed according to the LeTourneau Super 116E (Enhanced) Class design. Lamprell said that, with this delivery, it has now completed a total of 13 Super 116E jack-up drilling rigs and has handed over its second major project for 2015.
The rig was built on a fast-track basis with completion achieved just 18 months after initial steel cutting. The naming ceremony was held at Lamprell's Hamriyah facility in the UAE on February 9, and the rig is set to sail to its drilling location in Indian waters within the next few days.
The Greatdrill Chaaru rig is set to join its sister vessel, Greatdrill Chaaya (350' ILC), which Lamprell delivered in January 2013. Both rigs are contracted to work for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) in offshore Indian territorial waters.
Lamprell CEO Jim Moffat commented in a company statement:
"I am pleased to be marking the early completion and delivery of this rig to Greatship. Our project team has performed extremely well to deliver this project ahead of schedule, as per the client's requirements and within budget.
"The group's project execution continues to be of the highest standards and further demonstrates Lamprell's proven capability to fabricate high-quality, complex products for use in the global energy industry. We are proud that Greatship has chosen to partner with Lamprell in relation to this latest addition to their jack-up fleet and we are confident that this rig will perform to their client's expectations in the upcoming operations."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 43 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)
Company: Greatship Offshore Services Pte more info
- Lamprell Delivers New Jackup for Indian Drilling (Mar 05)
- Greatship Takes Delivery of New Geotechnical PSV (Jan 25)
- Dockwise Secures 8 Contracts to Transport Drilling Rigs, Dredging Equipment (Jan 29)