WHL Energy Upbeat About Junon Resources Potential offshore Seychelles
Australian energy company WHL Energy Limited (WHL Energy or the Company) provided Thursday the following update to the Prospective Resources in our Seychelles acreage following interpretation of a preliminary PreSTM volume of the Junon 3D seismic survey.
Detailed interpretation of the Junon PreSTM 3D data by WHL Energy has firmed up key prospects in the Junon area which were initially identified by the previous regional 2D seismic survey, enabling a revision to Prospective Resources for these prospects.
Seychelles Best Estimate Prospective Resources
Junon 3D Seismic Prospects
- Junon South East - 214 million barrels
- Junon Central - 209 million barrels
- Junon South - 55 million barrels
- Junon West - 53 million barrels
2D Seismic Prospects and Leads
- Junon NW - 171 million barrels
- Junon NE - 518 million barrels
- Beau Vallon Central - 451 million barrels
- Beau Vallon South - 207 million barrels
- Beau Vallon East - 225 million barrels
- Lead C - 178 million barrels
- Lead L - 84 million barrels
Four key structures have been high-graded within the Junon 3D area, being the Junon South East, Junon Central, Junon South and Junon West prospects. Prospective Resources for these Junon 3D prospects are tabulated, along with key leads outside the Junon 3D seismic survey area.
Arising from the 3D seismic interpretation, the Junon Central and Junon South East prospects have developed into better defined and very substantial opportunities.
Commenting on the results, WHL Energy Managing Director, David Rowbottam said: “It is pleasing to report continued strong progress with our Seychelles asset. Our in-depth work has confirmed Junon Central and Junon South East as both being highly material opportunities with best estimate Prospective Resources in excess of 200 million barrels, along with follow-up potential at Junon South.”
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ophir Energy Cuts Cost; Eliminates Staff (Jul 12)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Ophir to Borrow $1.2B from Chinese Banks for Fortuna Floating LNG (May 08)
Company: WHL Energy Limited more info
- Ophir Energy Exits Three Blocks Offshore Seychelles (Jan 18)
- WHL Energy Receives Approval to Vary Work Program (Aug 19)
- WHL Inks Agreement With Energy Capital Partners to Recapitalize Firm (Jun 03)