Norwest to Conduct Seismic Survey at Arrowsmith in Perth Basin
Norwest Energy NL reported Thursday that the company has received the required Federal and State government regulatory approvals to proceed with its planned Arrowsmith seismic survey in EP 413 in the Perth Basin, Western Australia. Pursuant to the approvals, Norwest will conduct the survey under stringent Federal and State government processes.
The survey will be conducted within exploration permit EP413 over an area of 41 square miles (106 square kilometers) at the Arrowsmith locality, 155 miles (250 kilometers) north of Perth, between Eneabba and Dongara.
The objective of the survey is to assess the extent of the resource surrounding the existing Arrowsmith-2 well location and to assist in defining the optimal location and target formation for Norwest’s first horizontal well Arrowsmith-3.
Two separate intervals have been high-graded for potential development; the Carynginia Formation and the Irwin River Coal Measures. The seismic survey will provide further data to assist with defining the future development options of the Arrowsmith field.
It is anticipated that the seismic survey will commence before the end of 1Q 2015. Processing and interpretation of the data will follow, the results of which should become available during 3Q 2015.
The evaluation program for the Arrowsmith-2 well was finalized during 2014 with ongoing review and analysis of the resulting dataset continuing into 2015. The Arrowsmith field was ranked as a discovery after an independent evaluation by DeGolyer and MacNaughton, who ascribed the following resource estimates:
- contingent gross recoverable resource of 316 billin cubic feet gas; and
- prospective gross recoverable resource of 2.6 trillion cubic feet gas
CEO Peter Munachen said “We are pleased to be given approval by the regulators to proceed with the survey. The results of the survey will make a significant contribution toward defining the commercial potential of the Arrowsmith project.”
EP413 Joint Venture
- Norwest Energy - 27.945 percent (Operator)
- AWE Limited - 44.252 percent (via subsidiaries)
- Bharat PetroResources Ltd. - 27.803 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Norwest Energy NL more info
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)
Company: Bharat Petroleum more info
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)