Aqualis Offshore Wins Brazilian Contract
Norway's Aqualis Offshore announced Wednesday that it has won a contract from a 50:50 consortium between Technip and Techint in Brazil.
The contract will see Aqualis carry out marine warranty surveys for all marine operations related to the integration of the P-76 FPSO (floating production, storage and offloading) vessel at Techint's yard in the south of Brazil. The work will run until September 2016.
The P-76 FPSO unit is currently undergoing conversion from a very large crude carrier. Once completed, it will be installed at the Franco Sul Field located in the Santos Basin pre-salt area offshore Brazil. The FPSO is expected to produce 180,000 barrels of oil and 247 cubic feet of gas per day.
"The P-76 FPSO is another landmark FPSO project for the Brazilian oil industry. The unit is destined for the challenging pre-salt areas offshore Brazil and require the highest quality from everyone involved in the project. We are proud to be brought on board for such a prestigious assignment," Dr Andreas Theophanatos, director for South America at Aqualis Offshore, said.
Aqualis Offshore’s office in Rio de Janeiro will manage the contract and all associated work.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Aqualis Offshore Wins Brazilian Contract (Mar 04)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Peru LNG Starts Pipeline Construction (Oct 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Aqualis Offshore more info
- ONGC Sets New Pre-Monsoon Rig Move Offshore India (Jun 17)
- Aqualis Bags Mekers' Contract to Supervise Liftboat Construction in China (Aug 06)
- Aqualis Wins Rig Support Contract Offshore Mexico (Jul 06)