Valmec Secures Services Deal for APLNG Project's Talinga Gas Facility
Valmec Ltd., an Australian energy services group, reported Wednesday that following the acquisition of Exterran Australia by Valmec in December 2014, Valmec Services has been awarded its first significant contract to provide services to the Talinga Gas Processing Facility for the Australia Pacific liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in Queensland, Australia operated by Origin Energy.
- $4.1 million (AUD 5.3 million) contract for Australia Pacific LNG
- Work to commence immediately
- Demonstrates value of recent Exterran acquisition
- Aligns with Company’s strategy of delivering across project lifecycle
With a contract value of approximately $4.1 million (AUD 5.3 million), the project will involve Valmec providing maintenance and overhaul services for the compression equipment at the facility, near Chinchilla, Queensland.
Work will commence immediately, with an expected completion date of July 2015.
Valmec Managing Director Steve Dropulich said: “We are delighted to have secured such a significant service and maintenance contract on the back of the acquisition of Exterran Australia and to be involved in this project for Australia Pacific LNG and Origin.
“It will be delivered by our Queensland site-based team and Dalby workshop services team, supported by our project construction operations.
“This project is strategically aligned with our mission of delivering value to our clients across every aspect of our operations and the project lifecycle.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Valmec Ltd. more info
- Valmec Clinches Supply, Construction Contracts in Australia's East Coast (Sep 23)
- Valmec Lands $17M Deal from Origin for APLNG Upstream Assets in Queensland (Mar 01)
- Valmec Secures Gas Compressor Contract for Vector Gas' Auckland Project (Jan 14)