McDermott Bags Subsea Fabrication Contract for Indonesia's Jangkrik Project
McDermott International, Inc. (McDermott) announced Tuesday that it has been awarded a sizeable manifold and subsea safety isolation valve module fabrication contract by FMC Technologies for the Jangkrik fields located offshore Kalimantan, Indonesia. The contract was included in McDermott’s fourth quarter backlog and is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2016.
“Our demonstrated track record in the delivery of customized, high-quality subsea solutions from our Indonesian fabrication facility on Batam Island, including the Gorgon subsea structures fabrication project and the Ichthys engineering, procurement, construction and installation project, positions us strategically to support FMC Technologies in fabricating the Jangkrik Complex subsea infrastructure,” said McDermott’s Hugh Cuthbertson, vice president and general manager, Asia Pacific. “McDermott is also pleased to continue its longstanding commitment to providing in-country value to Indonesia through its delivery of projects from its Batam Island facility to the Indonesian energy industry.”
This is the first time that FMC Technologies has awarded work to McDermott’s Asia Pacific region. The scope of the project includes fabrication of approximately 3,200 tons of subsea manifolds and subsea safety isolation valve modules to be installed in water depths ranging from approximately 329 feet to 1,640 feet. Fabrication commenced in February at McDermott’s Batam Island facility in Indonesia, which will also be responsible for factory acceptance testing (FAT) / extended FAT and system integration testing.
“The McDermott team worked closely with FMC Technologies to determine execution strategies that meet their requirements and ensure high quality and on-schedule delivery,” explained Cuthbertson.
The Jangkrik Complex is operated by Eni and comprises two main fields – Jangkrik Main, located approximately 44 miles from the coast in the Muara Bakau permit area, along the Makassar Strait, and Jangkrik Northeast, approximately 16 miles from Jangkrik Main.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)