Total to Take Over as Operator of Papua New Guinea's PRL 15 JV
InterOil Corporation, an independent oil and gas company focused on Papua New Guinea (PNG), announced Friday that all participants in the Petroleum Retention License (PRL) 15 Joint Venture have unanimously voted to appoint Total E&P PNG Limited as Operator of the PRL 15 Joint Venture. PRL 15 is located in the Gulf Province of PNG.
The appointment will take effect in accordance with an operator transition plan and the terms of the Joint Venture Operating Agreement.
Total has a 40.1 percent interest in PRL 15 Total, with InterOil, Australia's Oil Search Ltd. and minority shareholders holding 36.5 percent, 22.8 percent and 0.5 percent stakes, respectively.
The appointment is subject to all necessary PNG Government approvals.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
- Oil Search Q3 Revenue Beats Forecasts (Oct 18)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)