Aminex Gets Approval to Pare Stake in Tanzania's Kiliwani North License
Aminex PLC disclosed Wednesday that it has received formal approval from the Tanzanian Authorities to sell up to 13 percent of its interest in Kiliwani North Development License (KNDL) in Tanzania to Solo Oil plc (Solo). There now remains no further conditions precedent to the sale of 6.5 percent KNDL to Solo for $3.5 million. Following this, Solo retains the right to purchase an additional 6.5 percent on the same terms up to 30 days after the signing of the Gas Sales Agreement.
The Board continues to appreciate shareholder patience as it works towards the signing of the GSA and will inform shareholders when it receives any further updates.
Aminex CEO, Jay Bhattacherjee, commented: “The completion of the transaction will allow us to pay down our debt and have a strengthened balance sheet which puts us in a positive position as we move towards first production. As recently announced, the Dar es Salaam to Mnazi Bay pipeline is near completion and the final stages of construction to in the pipeline are now occurring on the Kiliwani North-1 well. This is an exciting time for Aminex’s development and we look forward to updating shareholders with our progress.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Solo Oil PLC more info
- Solo Oil: Ntorya-2 Rig Mobilization Underway, Spud Expected December (Oct 18)
- Solo Oil Opts Out of Immediate Option to Extend KNDL Equity (Sep 07)
- Horse Hill License Extensions Secured (Jul 05)