Icon Offshore Gets Petronas Carigali's LOA to Provide OSVs on Spot Charters
Icon Offshore Berhad reported Wednesday that its wholly-owned subsidiary Icon Offshore Group Sdn. Bhd. has recently received a Letter of Award from Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB), the upstream arm of Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas), for the provision of spot charter marine vessels.
The contract, which takes effect immediately, is for a duration of two years with an extension option of one year.
"It is a contract awarded through a competitive bidding process and as a result the value of the Umbrella Contract is unascertainable," Icon said in a filing with stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Icon has been awarded six out of the eight packages offered by PCSB under the contract, which allows the firm to supply marine vessels for the following categories:
- Anchor Handling Tug / Supply Vessel 60 MT
- Straight Supply Vessel
- Platform Supply Vessel
- Utility Vessel
- Work barge
Besides the provision of marine vessels under the contract, Icon will supply crew and associated equipment for a continuous 24-hour operation.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: ICON Offshore Bhd more info
- Malaysia's ICON Posts Revenue of $12.8M in 1Q 2016, Down 18.5% YOY (May 27)
- Icon Offshore Clinches $5.2M Contract for Oil Major's Malaysia Operations (Dec 11)
- Malaysia's Icon Offshore Receives $12.1M LOA to Supply PSV to KPOC (Nov 25)