Odfjell Wins Drilling Engineering Contract for Johan Sverdrup
Norway's Odfjell Drilling announced Wednesday that it has been awarded a drilling engineering subcontract for the Johan Sverdrup field development in the Norwegian North Sea by Aibel.
Aibel itself was named by Statoil Tuesday as the winner of the engineering, procurement and construction contract for the drilling platform topside for the Johan Sverdrup development.
Odfjell said its contract will run until 2018 and will involve approximately 50 engineering professionals working various degrees in the project. The contract has an estimated value of about $14 million.
The overall topside project will involve more than 3,000 associates at its peak, and is estimated to last for three years. The handover of the finished platform topside will be in the second quarter of 2018. The total contract has an estimated value of $1 billion.
Kurt Meinert Fjell, executive vice president of Odfjell Drilling Technology, commented in a company statement:
"We are delighted with this contract award from Aibel and the confidence they have shown to our capacity and competence in drilling facility engineering. Odfjell Drilling has worked systematically to build a capacity in drilling facility engineering for new field developments.
"Our cooperation with WilliamJacob Management in Houston is a key element in this strategy. The award of the Johan Sverdrup contract is a milestone in our development as a leading drilling facility engineering provider. By choosing Odfjell Drilling, Statoil and Aibel will benefit from our more than 40 years' experience in design, development and operation of offshore drilling facilities."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Odfjell Drilling more info
- Oil Slump No Obstacle to 300% Return for Norwegian Driller (Aug 24)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- Odfjell Sees Continuing Tough Market for Offshore Drillers (Feb 29)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)