Searcher Grants BGP Exclusive Right to Market its Seismic Data in China
Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd. announced Tuesday a commercial marketing agreement with BGP Inc., a geophysical service company owned by China National Petroleum Corp.
As a result of this agreement Searcher provides BGP with an exclusive right to market the Searcher multi-client 2D and 3D seismic library within China and receive commission fees on the sales of this data.
The agreement covers more than 559,234 miles (900,000 kilometers) of 2D and 30,888 square miles (80,000 square kilometers) of 3D seismic data from Searcher’s global database.
Rachel Masters, global sales manager for Searcher, said the agreement with BGP is very exciting for Searcher and opens the door to the Chinese based oil companies as they look to expand their presence around the globe.
“We see this as an excellent opportunity to further strengthen our relationship with BGP and look forward to marketing our existing data and also developing new projects for the Chinese market,” Masters added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)
Company: Searcher Seismic Pty Ltd more info
- Searcher Seismic Commences Papua New Guinea Data Acquisition Program (Oct 12)
- Searcher Commences Reprocessing of 2D Seismic Data in WA's Browse Basin (Aug 01)
- Searcher Seismic Commences 3D Reprocessing Project in Australia (Jul 12)