Eidesvik Takes Delivery of 'Viking Neptun' Offshore Construction Ship
Norwegian oilfield vessel operator Eidesvik Offshore announced Tuesday that it has taken delivery of a new offshore construction vessel named "Viking Neptun" from shipyard Kleven Verft.
The vessel has a length of 475 feet and a breadth of 101 feet. It is equipped with two offshore cranes of 400 tons and 100 tons respectively and is suitable for operation in Arctic waters.
Viking Neptun will begin a contract with French oilfield engineering firm Technip at the beginning of March. The vessel is being financed using a long-term loan of $124 million with Nordea and Eksportkreditt Norway and GIEK.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Eidesvik more info
- Eidesvik Takes Delivery of 'Viking Neptun' Offshore Construction Ship (Feb 17)
- Subsea 7, Eidesvik Unveil Latest IMR Ship (Jan 30)
- Eidesvik Wins Supply Vessel Contracts (Jun 15)